Yamaha FZ-10 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I have the bike where I want it for now :wink2:

I may do something else later down the line. I am not much into improving the performance or changing exhaust. I am perfectly fine with both. I did make cosmetic changes to suit my tastes though.

For those interested, I'll show what I've done (in no particular order)

Fender Delete

Wind screen

Shorty Levers and Action camera mount

Comfort Saddle

Tank bag and GPS w/Ram mount

Helmet lock

Fork Sliders

Frame Sliders

Rear Spools

Radiator and Oil Cooler Guards

Quickshifter

Random views of her in all of her glory :grin2:

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you have a link for the tank bag setup?
It's tough to find it unfortunately. It's an SW-MOTECH EVO Micro and it apparently has been discontinued. Revzilla had them in stock a few weeks ago for $73.00 I think. I didn't order it at the time and when I went back it said they are not returning. https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/sw-motech-quick-lock-evo-micro-non-electric-tank-bag

I did order the tank ring from them but found the bag on Amazon for $99.00. I got the last one that PRIME had but here's another :
https://www.amazon.com/Bags-Connect...pID=51H4O3lYF1L&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

There are "electric" versions of the micro still available but I didn't need that.

You can find them on eBay as well but the shipping is insane, still comes out to about $100.00 though so it's not too terrible.

·
Registered
385 Posts
You're like me I personally don't need a different exhaust or other engine mods as I am more the ok with the current level of performance. I've added hard saddle bags, a Quick shifter, DPM race shield, fork protectors, tank pads and plan to do the frame sliders as well.

For some reason, and this a first for me, I completely am ok with the stock seat for whatever reason. Must be extra padding :)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I took a ride today and snapped this pic of my bike. I can't understand how there are people who think these bikes are ugly. I think they look sharp!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I did my first service recently and while I was at it, I installed some heated grips and a battery tender hookup. It wasn't a necessity pre se, just a "want" :p

Here are some pics :

She's a sexy beast!

The only thing left to do is to install tank grips which I have but have to wait until it's Spring to apply them or they'll not adhere properly.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
And three heat options too! How to you select the heat level?
Do you see that green circle button at the top? Press and hold that to turn them on and then quick press again to cycle through the settings. When it first comes on it's at 3, so you press again for 2 and again for 1 and then press and hold to turn off at any point. If you forget to turn them off, it cuts itself off automatically after 20 minutes after the bike is turned off.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've got to get me one of those helmet locks. Hate having to take the helmet into restaurants....

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I've got to get me one of those helmet locks. Hate having to take the helmet into restaurants....
There's a cheaper and easier way to do it, just get one that goes on one of the frame bars like this one :

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0081HPGBW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I just ordered one for my wife's Duke 390, it'll be here tomorrow so I will put it on so she too will not have to take her helmet in when we go places.

I just noticed that the price went up almost $6.00 since I bought it yesterday! Wow!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
A couple of weeks ago I finally put the tank pads on. Fairly easy to do, we'll see how long they stay attached, lol.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Loving that screen and helmet lock, do you have links to them?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts