Yamaha FZ-10 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, looking for a little advice on the set up I’m about to do. I had recently purchased an Austin Racing GP3 belly exit decat exhaust and I’m seeing what else to do to make sure the bike runs properly. So far I was planning on doing the AIS removal with graves block off plates, a K&N air filter m, and possibly use a Power Commander to have the dyno guys tune. I thought using the PCV would be better then sending in the ECU in case I ever wanted to change things back to stock but still don’t know how well this would work. Also, what have people been doing with the O2 sensors? Do people still use them or do they disconnect them? Please let me know. Thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
Coincidentally, I just had my catalytic removed this past weekend. Brandon at The Metric Garage near Dallas removed the cat, installed a Danmoto mid pipe, reflashed my ECU with the standard reflash from FT for that mod on my bike and then put it up on the Dyno. We went from the standard HP of 134 to 146.3 and ohh the sound. Like music...
The bench flash was way cheaper than for him to custom tune it while in the dyno as I was on a tight budget. The FT tune will disable the AIS which is as good as installing smog plates plus lowered fan temp, increased rev limitter by 500RPM, removed the need for a servo buddy, etc, etc.
The bike is silky smooth even in B mode. So far MPG seems to be about the same. I got A LOT of bang for my buck. Will post some pics if the web site lets me. Good luck.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Oh and forgot to mention. The reflash disables the O2 sensors so even though they are installed in the mid pipe they are not doing anything. It's just cheaper / easier than removing them altogether.

Attachments

·
Registered
306 Posts
I know @Bogie removed his O2 sensor a long time ago and @Yammyboy113 disconnected his. Not really sure if there were any negative repercussions, at least there aren't any as far as I know.
Since then I installed the active tuner and sent my ECU back to twowheeldynoworks to reactivate the left side O2 sensor connector to work with the bigger wide ban O2 sensor. Been working just fine.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Since then I installed the active tuner and sent my ECU back to twowheeldynoworks to reactivate the left side O2 sensor connector to work with the bigger wide ban O2 sensor. Been working just fine.
I’m thinking of going with the active tune also. Just had my ecu reflashed and installed the yoshi Alfa T 3/4 exhaust. My fuel mileage suffered quite a bit. So read that a guy installed the ftecu active tuner on his and gained his mileage back.
I need call up 2wdw and discuss it with them

·
Registered
306 Posts
I’m thinking of going with the active tune also. Just had my ecu reflashed and installed the yoshi Alfa T 3/4 exhaust. My fuel mileage suffered quite a bit. So read that a guy installed the ftecu active tuner on his and gained his mileage back.
I need call up 2wdw and discuss it with them
I do believe my gas mileage went up slightly rite at 55-60 mph cruising in 6th gear.Also even at 70-80mph I'm still getting 40+mpg.This bike simply gets better mpg at highway speeds,go figure.I was at the dragons tail this weekend. I did 275.3 mi round trip. Averaged 36.8mpg total when I got home.usually it's around 33-34mpg before the active tune. Most of the roads were very twisty mtn and country roads where my FZ gets the worst mpg.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Me at the dragons tail this past Saturday.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts