Yamaha FZ-10 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This forum is on life support I see! I figured I'd share a video I made for my son. He has a nice Mustang and I wanted to capture the exhaust note and figured I'd record him, recording me! LOL

I didn't do anything such as wheelie or go 130mph, just putting behind him for a bit. I can't lie, I had to fight the urge to pass him :grin2:

·
Registered
100 Posts
I like the car (I have a GT350) and I like the bike (I have the fz10) but this video wasn't worthy of posting, pulling out of the driveway and sitting at a stoplight.. sorry dude but looking for playtime in posted videos.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I like the car (I have a GT350) and I like the bike (I have the fz10) but this video wasn't worthy of posting, pulling out of the driveway and sitting at a stoplight.. sorry dude but looking for playtime in posted videos.
Sorry it wasn't full of wheelies and knee dragging. To say it's not worthy of posting is ridiculous considering the place is DEAD. Any content should be welcomed. If you don't like it then great but no need to be an ass.

Now, why don't you post a video of your GT350 and your FZ? Show me how it's done :wink2:

·
Registered
100 Posts
considering the place is DEAD. Any content should be welcomed
Now, why don't you post a video of your GT350 and your FZ? Show me how it's done :wink2:
I agree, this has been a dead forum, I rarely check it.
Didn't mean to bust your balls too much, I was just waiting for a chase that never came.. and in my defense the title of your video was FZ-10 Chasing Mustang GT, so...

my videos, ok..

this is video of me driving the GT350 at Utah Motor Sports Park a month ago:

This is video of when I did my resonator delete on my GT350, if you jump to 1:20 I open it up on a good stretch of road

I've never mounted a camera to my fz10, but the 1 time I took it to the track my buddy on his R1 good footage of me, have a look. Camera is on the R1, at the start of the video on you see me on the left with pulling away. This was in the A group (fastest).

I normally record video when I ride my H2. Here is some video from our canyon ride last Sunday, camera is on my H2.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Very cool. Thanks for sharing. Here's the deal with my videos. They're not ever going to show me attempting to be Rossi, Pastrana, or Evel Knievel lol. I am not a track guy. I used to ride a Vmax but wanted something that could handle better but didn't want an R1. I saw an FZ at my local dealer and ultimately bought it after doing some research and telling myself that I wasn't going to buy it :grin2: I sold the Max, bought the FZ. Pretty much the same riding position, very comfortable and looks like a bug/transformer. I was hooked!

My videos are usually pretty tame. A power wheelie here and there but mostly I ride with my wife and I have to let her ride in front me, otherwise I end up leaving her behind. Where I live there are not many curvy roads unfortunately so it can be boring for sure. It's time spent with her and in the video above, my son. We were out flying my drone and he wanted me to record his car's exhaust for a Mustang group he belongs to. So, I figured since I was catching audio & video from his bumper, why not use the chance to use my helmet cam too? I think the concept is cool but yes, the video isn't from a movie. I am not toting an UZI trying to pull up beside him to take him out. There wasn't an empty car hauler truck stuck in traffic at the light for him to jump like Eleanor in Gone in 60 Seconds. It's just a dad, having fun with his son, making a boring 4 minute video. He liked it, I liked it, his Mustang buddies liked it so I'm good with that ;)

Kudos to you for having the bikes and the skills to record what you do. I enjoyed watching your videos!

Reactions: racer172

·
Registered
100 Posts
Very cool. Thanks for sharing.
he wanted me to record his car's exhaust for a Mustang group he belongs to.
glad you like the videos, thanks.
FYI if your son wants to get record good sound from his pipes he might want to do what I did. If his GT is like my GT350, open the trunk and down where the spare tire would be there should be holes cut out with plastic plugs inserted. I put a recorder in the trunk and ran the mic cable through that hole and zip-tied the mic behind the bumper. Have a look at my resonator delete video about 1:20 in I think it was when I powered up the hill. That is great sound with no wind noise. And he doesn't have to hit those speeds to record the cool sound.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
glad you like the videos, thanks.
FYI if your son wants to get record good sound from his pipes he might want to do what I did. If his GT is like my GT350, open the trunk and down where the spare tire would be there should be holes cut out with plastic plugs inserted. I put a recorder in the trunk and ran the mic cable through that hole and zip-tied the mic behind the bumper. Have a look at my resonator delete video about 1:20 in I think it was when I powered up the hill. That is great sound with no wind noise. And he doesn't have to hit those speeds to record the cool sound.

Good tip. If he wants to do that it's on him. Dad bought the cameras, he can buy the mic, lol!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts