Yamaha FZ-10 Forum banner

2WDW - Tuned Yamaha FZ-10

7K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  mjkuhno 
#1 ·
Was going through 2WDW (2 Wheel Dyno Works) and seen their videos of their tuned Yamaha FZ-10.

They did a baseline run and managed 136hp and 74.5 lb-ft of torque.

They did a de-cat and tuned it and pumped out 147.7hp and 75.5 lb-ft of torque.

Sounds dope!

#2 ·
Marrietta motor sports in GA said that they got 10-11Hp out of the new FZ10 doind a ECU flash. I had my Raider done by them and they know their stuff. I guess its possible. Even Graves claim a flash and their slipon is worth 7-8HP. As time goes by and more and more FZ10's hit the dyno's and get tuned the truth will show up. me< im waiting till spring before I do a re flash.

#4 ·
Resurrecting another old thread...

What are the advantages of having 2 Wheel Dyno Works flash an ECU instead of using the kit from Flash Tune that you can do yourself? Do they(2WDW) load an altered fuel map in there as well?

Since my mods progress over time, I like the idea of having the ability to reflash my ECU if I need/want to change something in 20 minutes, instead of mailing it out with a couple day turn around time.

#7 ·
Having a shop dyno the bike vs. an 'off the shelf tune' will mean the tune is made specifically for your bike and will most likely provide better results. No two bikes are the same and while an 'off the shelf' tune <may> be better than what you have today (depending on who's doing it) putting the bike on a dyno and allowing someone with a lot of dyno experience to put hands on the bike will be the best.

Now, yes - it can be more expensive if you change parts from time to time (block-off, exhaust, stacks etc.) to get it on a dyno again but how else do you ensure you're getting the performance gains you're paying for?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.