What Are Your Complaints on the FZ-10/MT-10 - Yamaha FZ-10 Forum
 8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 46 (permalink) Old 01-14-2017, 04:12 PM Thread Starter

What Are Your Complaints on the FZ-10/MT-10

Just wanted to get inside the heads of the owners here and wonder if you have any complaints on the FZ-10/MT-10. If so, have you figured out any ways to remedy them ??
post #2 of 46 (permalink) Old 01-14-2017, 08:38 PM

I would say the only complaints would be a little better gas mileage (or a bigger gas tank) & could we have a small windscreen please, otherwise, a great bike
post #3 of 46 (permalink) Old 01-15-2017, 08:15 AM

Yep at least a little better gas mileage. Maybe one more option on the dash. A air pressure tire monitor system like in my car.lol. I was out all afternoon on my FZ10 in my mtns and just love this bike.Stopped for a few minutes on top of blood mtn. Bunch of sport riders up there. As my friend and I pulled in one guy says, that's that bad ass FZ10. It was real quite when We pulled back out so I made sure they heard the amazing sound of the Cross Plane engine as it spewed out my Graves slipon. It's good to be the sound king,lol.

2017 Gray & lime wheels ,luggage rack, radiator guard,Givi sport shield, 39L top case, swing arm spools,40mm lower rear pegs, Graves EVR exhaust ,K&N race filter, Graves ais ,ECU reflashed,QS,active tune, CF covers, comfort seat, Blaster X brake light, OES sliders,EBC -HH brake pads,so far.

2017 Hyundai Veloster value edition ,gas miser.

2017 Hyundai Veloster Turbo R Spec, lots of mods.

Last edited by Yammyboy113; 01-15-2017 at 08:21 AM.

post #4 of 46 (permalink) Old 01-16-2017, 02:02 PM

Time to look into a ECU reflash, i believe its what Fz-09 guys have done and with it being out for that long, those guys would be a great reference point.
Has anyone here started to look into reflashes?
post #5 of 46 (permalink) Old 01-16-2017, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamimoto View Post
Time to look into a ECU reflash, i believe its what Fz-09 guys have done and with it being out for that long, those guys would be a great reference point.
Has anyone here started to look into reflashes?

There is another FZ10 forum I've been trying to join but every time they tell me to check my spam mail for the activation code. But it never comes. There's a bike shop on their form that gives their members $50.00 off and it's $300.00. They got a great write up and logged in alot of flash and dyno time. I'll post the info here as soon as I get to my big computer at home and past it. I'm definitely getting it done as soon as my refund check gets here,lol.

2017 Gray & lime wheels ,luggage rack, radiator guard,Givi sport shield, 39L top case, swing arm spools,40mm lower rear pegs, Graves EVR exhaust ,K&N race filter, Graves ais ,ECU reflashed,QS,active tune, CF covers, comfort seat, Blaster X brake light, OES sliders,EBC -HH brake pads,so far.

post #6 of 46 (permalink) Old 01-16-2017, 06:46 PM

Twowheeldynoworks

Maybe we can get a group buy?

post #7 of 46 (permalink) Old 01-17-2017, 11:40 AM

Maybe start a thread here, see how many people you can get and show em' and see what they say ?
post #8 of 46 (permalink) Old 01-17-2017, 01:27 PM

Garage
OEM brake pads
Rear shock bottoms out on hard bumps
US stock ECU detuned compared to EU ECU

All are easy fixes

2017 FZ-10
post #9 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-26-2017, 05:07 PM

The gas mileage is horrendous but I guess that is what you get for getting a POWERFUL bike!! 8). I guess there are advantages and disadvantages to everything. I will be doing the Saddle Sore 1000 in May, so planning on stopping every 100 miles to gas up and rest is not a bad deal.
post #10 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-27-2017, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaFZ10 View Post
I would say the only complaints would be a little better gas mileage
I got a chuckle out of this when reading all you guys say that cause I get 18mph when riding the canyons on my Ninja H2 and even less at the track. To me the fz10 goes forever

FZ-10 & Ninja H2

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FZ-10 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page