What Are Your Complaints on the FZ-10/MT-10 - Page 5 - Yamaha FZ-10 Forum
 8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #41 of 46 (permalink) Old 04-25-2017, 02:48 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowGuyTy View Post
The one main problem is I can't see to find myself doing much but ride it at all these past couple of weekends :P I also am hearing the tick. I've owned it for about two weeks now and already have 1700 miles on it.
I need to get off my butt and ride more. Had mine since March 4th and still just hit a bit over 700 miles.
post #42 of 46 (permalink) Old 04-29-2017, 03:47 PM Thread Starter

You're really babying that thing !
post #43 of 46 (permalink) Old 04-29-2017, 10:16 PM

Garage
OK I have a complaint. The neon wheels require way more cleaning then I would prefer to keep looking good. The only reason the front rim is always less dirty is most of the time it's off the pavement
Yammyboy113 and Jeff_in_pdx like this.

post #44 of 46 (permalink) Old 05-02-2017, 03:38 PM

It needs a fuel light; that ineffective little corner of the LCD blinking at me is not exactly grabbing my attention.
post #45 of 46 (permalink) Old 06-07-2019, 01:40 AM

I have no complaints about it. I love it, like it so much. I ride it 800 miles but don't face any problem or don't need to change anything yet.
Cheers
post #46 of 46 (permalink) Old 09-17-2020, 10:19 AM

Garage
Just hit 400 miles after a month for buying my 2019. I have a Hindle 3/4 exhaust and Yoshi undertail so far.

My complaints:

1. The seat. Typical Yamaha hardness and the annoying downward slant to the tank.
2. The jerky on/off throttle is really annoying (riding in mode 2 - not sure what the equates to for the FZ's STD/A/B)
3. The mirrors are useless for looking at anything but the inside of my elbows
4. The flat spot in the HP/TQ around 5k.
5. The throttle return spring is pretty strong. Solved by adding a "cruise control" paddle to the throttle to make it easier on my hand
6. Quickshifter only works for upshifting, no autoblipper for downshifting.
7. The headlights. Seemingly bright LED but the beam width is horrible at night.

My loves:

1. The sound. I put a Hindle 3/4 exhaust on and it sounds INSANE but even the stock exhaust sounded pretty decent
2. The seating position - back is upright, no weight on my wrists
3. The torque from this thing. Riding at 75MPH in 6th and just lay into it and the thing wants to come out from under me.
4. The cruise control is AWESOME
5. The engine braking is crazy. I've hardly used my brakes
5. The Quickshifter is AWESOME
Factory LED signals that aren't horrible looking and factory LED tail light are great. Probably the first bike that I won't change either on.

Plans:

1. ECU flash from 2WDW
2. Get an aftermarket seat or have an upholstery shop redo mine
3. Rearsets - maybe go with Gilles? I loved them on my TLR.

Neutrals:

1. Fuel range. My last two bikes VTR1000 and TL1000R I was filling up at around the 100 mile mark so this sin't any inconvenience to me
2. The gauge. Would have been nice to get the TFT like on the R1. I'm going to get an LCD flip kit for it though so make it look nicer.
3. I wish they had brought the MT10 SP to the USA, I would have gotten that in a second instead.

2019 MT-10 Raven. Hindle 3/4 carbon exhaust, Yoshimura fender eliminator, GP Shift mod, Quad Lock phone mount

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FZ-10 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page