Dyno says they can't flash - Yamaha FZ-10 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-08-2017, 11:08 PM Thread Starter

Thumbs down Dyno says they can't flash

First post n' all, yeah yeah hello Hi great moving on:

I brought home my 17' FZ10 around July, and not long after set her up for a flash using woolich software ( however it's spelled ) at my local ( adjacent to my apartment complex, 2 minute walk ) bike shop A&R Motorsports.
Yet, sadly they report they cannot acquire a backup .bin file, particularly the .11 version. They say mine is of the newest edition, and has a different version ECU than what they are equipped for. They say they can go through with it at the risk of bricking my ECU should there be an interruption of the flash process.
I want a flash damnit. I don't want to bother with the less than half results and investment of a PCV, an exup delete module, etc etc etc.

What should I do guys? I recently picked up a lovely 02' Aprilia Falco I can use as a backup, so mail in options might be prospectable but it would have to be something I can modify as I change my bike's hardware down the road. Which I will.

Oh and all my Souls' series brothers give me a shout!
post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-09-2017, 04:33 AM Thread Starter

I suppose I should clarify,
Would you guys suggest a shop using the woolich software, or something else? I read the other posts here and see other notable guys like Nels and 2wheel, what's the popular choice?
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-09-2017, 09:50 AM

I would recommend the Graves or Nels tune using the ftecu software and their active tune, thats what I chose with the Graves EVR exhaust and couldn't be happier.
A couple of other FZ10 owners have rode mine and are amazed at the difference it makes.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-09-2017, 01:42 PM Thread Starter

Thanks harry.
Could anyone give an insight on my local shops .bin problem, as in is has this come up for others or is this really just an problem local to my shop?
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-11-2017, 01:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen-Undead View Post
First post n' all, yeah yeah hello Hi great moving on:

I brought home my 17' FZ10 around July, and not long after set her up for a flash using woolich software ( however it's spelled ) at my local ( adjacent to my apartment complex, 2 minute walk ) bike shop A&R Motorsports.
Yet, sadly they report they cannot acquire a backup .bin file, particularly the .11 version. They say mine is of the newest edition, and has a different version ECU than what they are equipped for. They say they can go through with it at the risk of bricking my ECU should there be an interruption of the flash process.
I want a flash damnit. I don't want to bother with the less than half results and investment of a PCV, an exup delete module, etc etc etc.

What should I do guys? I recently picked up a lovely 02' Aprilia Falco I can use as a backup, so mail in options might be prospectable but it would have to be something I can modify as I change my bike's hardware down the road. Which I will.

Oh and all my Souls' series brothers give me a shout!
Are you referring to the part number on the ECU of how yours is an 11 and not 10? Because if so it'll still work. Mines an 11 and I use the 10. I'm sure you might be able to call flashtune customer support and verify with them. Although there may be differences between whoolich and flashtune!
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-11-2017, 12:03 PM

I think you need to deal with a different shop/builder. It doesn't need to be local, just mail your ECU to a builder that can already has the flash & mapping ready to go, they can load it and ship it back same day. My guy can do it. We used FlashTune and got the throttle smooth as butter.

FZ-10 & Ninja H2

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FZ-10 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page