Installed the new style high flow K&N - Yamaha FZ-10 Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-11-2017, 01:53 PM Thread Starter

Installed the new style high flow K&N

Finnaly got a chance to swap out the BMC filter and install the new K&N high flow filter. Haven't rode my FZ10 if there is a difference because im waiting for the glue to dry on the carbon fiber frame covers. Heres some pics.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20171111_093848.jpg
Views:	324
Size:	393.0 KB
ID:	3273   Click image for larger version

Name:	20171111_094252.jpg
Views:	457
Size:	249.1 KB
ID:	3281   Click image for larger version

Name:	20171111_093800.jpg
Views:	354
Size:	209.0 KB
ID:	3289  
fjrchuck likes this.

2017 Gray & lime wheels ,luggage rack, radiator guard,Givi sport shield, 39L top case, swing arm spools,40mm lower rear pegs, Graves EVR exhaust ,K&N race filter, Graves ais ,ECU reflashed,QS,active tune, CF covers, comfort seat, Blaster X brake light, OES sliders,EBC -HH brake pads,so far.

2017 Hyundai Veloster value edition ,gas miser.

2017 Hyundai Veloster Turbo R Spec, lots of mods.
post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-11-2017, 08:33 PM

Garage
So the air cleaner is under the fuel tank?
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-11-2017, 09:29 PM

Looks like u should get a lot more air into the motor. Post pics of the frame covers also.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-12-2017, 03:51 AM

Who knows maybe you'll see some improvement in range but if you do odds are it will be minimal and a cause of some other thing, riding habits being one of them.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-12-2017, 08:18 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveInWoodland View Post
So the air cleaner is under the fuel tank?
Under the fuel tank and under the outer air box cover. I'm waiting for other proven air box mods before I open up the front of the air box. I'm going to send my ECU back to 2wheeldynoworks so they can reactivate the left side O2 sensor connector to get the active tune working. This way any future mods, like opening up the air box will be automatically tuned by the active tune.I'll do that over the winter.

2017 Gray & lime wheels ,luggage rack, radiator guard,Givi sport shield, 39L top case, swing arm spools,40mm lower rear pegs, Graves EVR exhaust ,K&N race filter, Graves ais ,ECU reflashed,QS,active tune, CF covers, comfort seat, Blaster X brake light, OES sliders,EBC -HH brake pads,so far.

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-12-2017, 06:02 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayton View Post
Looks like u should get a lot more air into the motor. Post pics of the frame covers also.
I posted the new carbon fiber pics in a new post.

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-12-2017, 06:10 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by YamiFZ View Post
Who knows maybe you'll see some improvement in range but if you do odds are it will be minimal and a cause of some other thing, riding habits being one of them.

I agree with you. the reason I went with this filter is because I have a feeling in the not to far future some one ( IVAN ) ,lol might do air box mods on this new GEN FZ10-MT10 and Ill be ready for it. I see the opening in front of the box where the snorkle is going thru is small as is. Im getting ready to send my reflashed ECU back to 2wheeldynoworks to get the left side O2 harness connector activated when I hook up the active tune. This way any future air box mods that will crop up that WORK will be delt with with the active tuner. The MT10 forum has already done some air box mods, but im waiting for more results. Both IVAN and DALE WALKER have some sort of a small air box mod on the 2001-2005 FZ1 and a bigger air box mod on the 2006-20015 FZ1. Time will tell.

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-12-2017, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yammyboy113 View Post
I agree with you. the reason I went with this filter is because I have a feeling in the not to far future some one ( IVAN ) ,lol might do air box mods on this new GEN FZ10-MT10 and Ill be ready for it. I see the opening in front of the box where the snorkle is going thru is small as is. Im getting ready to send my reflashed ECU back to 2wheeldynoworks to get the left side O2 harness connector activated when I hook up the active tune. This way any future air box mods that will crop up that WORK will be delt with with the active tuner. The MT10 forum has already done some air box mods, but im waiting for more results. Both IVAN and DALE WALKER have some sort of a small air box mod on the 2001-2005 FZ1 and a bigger air box mod on the 2006-20015 FZ1. Time will tell.
Ya I was wondering if and when Ivan was or is going to do a reflash for the fz/mt10. Love my flash he done for the raider.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-13-2017, 05:54 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayton View Post
Ya I was wondering if and when Ivan was or is going to do a reflash for the fz/mt10. Love my flash he done for the raider.

He also did my flash on my Warrior, Stryker and my old Raider. My Warrior had the most noticeable affect. Super uncanny smooth at 80mph. My Raider had the least affect and the Stryker in the middle. I'm sure he will be tackling the FZ10,MT10 next.

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-10-2018, 04:26 PM

Where did you buy the K&N ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yammyboy113 View Post
Finnaly got a chance to swap out the BMC filter and install the new K&N high flow filter. Haven't rode my FZ10 if there is a difference because im waiting for the glue to dry on the carbon fiber frame covers. Heres some pics.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FZ-10 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page