Advice on set up - Yamaha FZ-10 Forum
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By Yamster
  • 1 Post By Clayton

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-07-2018, 03:12 PM Thread Starter

Advice on set up

Hey guys, looking for a little advice on the set up I’m about to do. I had recently purchased an Austin Racing GP3 belly exit decat exhaust and I’m seeing what else to do to make sure the bike runs properly. So far I was planning on doing the AIS removal with graves block off plates, a K&N air filter m, and possibly use a Power Commander to have the dyno guys tune. I thought using the PCV would be better then sending in the ECU in case I ever wanted to change things back to stock but still don’t know how well this would work. Also, what have people been doing with the O2 sensors? Do people still use them or do they disconnect them? Please let me know. Thanks
post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-25-2018, 12:30 PM

I know @Bogie removed his O2 sensor a long time ago and @Yammyboy113 disconnected his. Not really sure if there were any negative repercussions, at least there aren't any as far as I know.
Yammyboy113 likes this.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-25-2018, 03:26 PM

Coincidentally, I just had my catalytic removed this past weekend. Brandon at The Metric Garage near Dallas removed the cat, installed a Danmoto mid pipe, reflashed my ECU with the standard reflash from FT for that mod on my bike and then put it up on the Dyno. We went from the standard HP of 134 to 146.3 and ohh the sound. Like music...
The bench flash was way cheaper than for him to custom tune it while in the dyno as I was on a tight budget. The FT tune will disable the AIS which is as good as installing smog plates plus lowered fan temp, increased rev limitter by 500RPM, removed the need for a servo buddy, etc, etc.
The bike is silky smooth even in B mode. So far MPG seems to be about the same. I got A LOT of bang for my buck. Will post some pics if the web site lets me. Good luck.

Yamaha FZ-10, BMW K1200GT, Honda VFR750. Genesis Coupe Track Edition.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-25-2018, 03:29 PM

Oh and forgot to mention. The reflash disables the O2 sensors so even though they are installed in the mid pipe they are not doing anything. It's just cheaper / easier than removing them altogether.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dyno chart.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	98.8 KB
ID:	3658  
Attached Images
File Type: jpg midpipe install.jpg (264.5 KB, 50 views)

Yamaha FZ-10, BMW K1200GT, Honda VFR750. Genesis Coupe Track Edition.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-25-2018, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamster View Post
I know @Bogie removed his O2 sensor a long time ago and @Yammyboy113 disconnected his. Not really sure if there were any negative repercussions, at least there aren't any as far as I know.
Since then I installed the active tuner and sent my ECU back to twowheeldynoworks to reactivate the left side O2 sensor connector to work with the bigger wide ban O2 sensor. Been working just fine.

2017 Gray & lime wheels ,luggage rack, radiator guard,Givi sport shield, 39L top case, swing arm spools,40mm lower rear pegs, Graves EVR exhaust ,K&N race filter, Graves ais ,ECU reflashed,QS,active tune, CF covers, comfort seat, Blaster X brake light, OES sliders,EBC -HH brake pads,so far.

2017 Hyundai Veloster value edition ,gas miser.

2017 Hyundai Veloster Turbo R Spec, lots of mods.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-26-2018, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yammyboy113 View Post
Since then I installed the active tuner and sent my ECU back to twowheeldynoworks to reactivate the left side O2 sensor connector to work with the bigger wide ban O2 sensor. Been working just fine.
I’m thinking of going with the active tune also. Just had my ecu reflashed and installed the yoshi Alfa T 3/4 exhaust. My fuel mileage suffered quite a bit. So read that a guy installed the ftecu active tuner on his and gained his mileage back.
I need call up 2wdw and discuss it with them
Yammyboy113 likes this.

Last edited by Clayton; 04-26-2018 at 10:48 AM.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-01-2018, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayton View Post
Iím thinking of going with the active tune also. Just had my ecu reflashed and installed the yoshi Alfa T 3/4 exhaust. My fuel mileage suffered quite a bit. So read that a guy installed the ftecu active tuner on his and gained his mileage back.
I need call up 2wdw and discuss it with them
I do believe my gas mileage went up slightly rite at 55-60 mph cruising in 6th gear.Also even at 70-80mph I'm still getting 40+mpg.This bike simply gets better mpg at highway speeds,go figure.I was at the dragons tail this weekend. I did 275.3 mi round trip. Averaged 36.8mpg total when I got home.usually it's around 33-34mpg before the active tune. Most of the roads were very twisty mtn and country roads where my FZ gets the worst mpg.

2017 Gray & lime wheels ,luggage rack, radiator guard,Givi sport shield, 39L top case, swing arm spools,40mm lower rear pegs, Graves EVR exhaust ,K&N race filter, Graves ais ,ECU reflashed,QS,active tune, CF covers, comfort seat, Blaster X brake light, OES sliders,EBC -HH brake pads,so far.

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-01-2018, 08:44 AM

Me at the dragons tail this past Saturday.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1993877_resized.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	340.6 KB
ID:	3665  

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FZ-10 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page