20170703 Ripplebrook ride - Yamaha FZ-10 Forum
 4Likes
  • 2 Post By Jeff_in_pdx
  • 1 Post By Cheeze
  • 1 Post By Jeff_in_pdx

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-05-2017, 07:58 PM Thread Starter

20170703 Ripplebrook ride

Went for a quick scoot over the holiday weekend with a buddy of mine (he's on a Tuono, but I still hang out with him )

Here's a couple of minutes of video with the new camera and mic set up. Make sure Youtube is set to 1080p, and play it on something with some decent speakers. lol
FZ-10 Admin and Yammyboy113 like this.

Last edited by Jeff_in_pdx; 07-05-2017 at 08:02 PM.
post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-06-2017, 03:28 PM

These videos are great. Love the little map and speedo add ons that are there as well. Looks like a beautiful ride and fresh pavement is always amazing!!!
Jeff_in_pdx likes this.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-07-2017, 12:29 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheeze View Post
These videos are great. Love the little map and speedo add ons that are there as well. Looks like a beautiful ride and fresh pavement is always amazing!!!
The GoPro software adds the map and speedo, and there's other things you can display as well, but they're more information than you really need. I'm still not convinced that having the speedo information is a good idea... on the one hand, it's cool in the corners. On the other hand, not so good when I'm not doing the speed limit. LOL

I've just been using the GoPro software to edit the videos, but I'll start using Final Cut Pro and then maybe I can blur out the speedo when it's higher than 55mph.
SlowGuyTy likes this.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-07-2017, 03:23 PM

Haha self-incriminating videos LOL !!

I think the speedo is great for the home videos or showing the buddies, but I'm sure if you keep posting on the internet, it's going to lead to people flaming you for no reason lmao.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-10-2017, 10:32 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheeze View Post
Haha self-incriminating videos LOL !!

I think the speedo is great for the home videos or showing the buddies, but I'm sure if you keep posting on the internet, it's going to lead to people flaming you for no reason lmao.
Years ago, a buddy of mine was filming me while we were ripping around eastern Oregon. There are many roads that have cattle guards (metal grates in the road), and they're right in the apex of the corner. They get a little dicey if you're leaned over in the corners so we've made it a practice to hang off the bike but then stand it up for that split second when you're going over the grate.

That same video also happened to show me hitting gravel on the outside of a corner and launching my bike into the John Day River at about 85 mph.

My buddy posted the video up on the R1 forum, and I can't tell you the number of fuckwits that were making shitty comments about my lack of riding skills because I 'couldn't hold a line'. Bunch of internet couch coaches. LOL

I'll work on blurring out the speedo stuff; I'm not exactly super fluent with video editing.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-07-2021, 01:51 PM

Great post !!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FZ-10 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page