New Member from NJ - Yamaha FZ-10 Forum
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By GryGoose
  • 1 Post By yamimoto

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-24-2017, 12:29 PM Thread Starter

Talking New Member from NJ

Hey everyone,

Just picked up my new fz10 this past week, my fiancÚ and I traded in our 2015 harley fatbob and while she is still getting used to the new ride I'm loving it !!

I've been riding for 7 years, bought my first bike when I was 20 back in 2010 ( new harley iron 883 ). I kept that bike for 5 years but when I met my fiancÚ and she started riding with me it just didn't cut it, trading it in on the fat bob and had been less than impressed with it.

Here's a couple pics ... I look forward to learning a lot from everyone, while I'm active on a couple jeep forums this is really my first run at moto forums So please be gentle haha
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0852.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	408.5 KB
ID:	2954  
SlowGuyTy likes this.
post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-24-2017, 03:12 PM

Garage
Welcome to the forum! As a tip too if you are going to be doing allot of two up riding I know that there are some great modes to make that will make it more comfortable for your wife to be. If I'm not mistaken YammyBoy113 has done some well received two up mods that you may be interested in.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-25-2017, 01:34 PM

Welcome to the forums

Definitely would like to hear about what mods you'll be getting done to this. What Jeep do you own though... Wrangler...?

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-25-2017, 04:02 PM

Welcome to the forum! You'll enjoy the crap out of the bike; it's a blast.

A luggage rack, tail pack, backrest and lowered passenger pegs will make her ride a lot more comfortable.

And gear; get that girl some gear!! Skin rash is no fun.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-26-2017, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GryGoose View Post
Hey everyone,

Just picked up my new fz10 this past week, my fiancÚ and I traded in our 2015 harley fatbob and while she is still getting used to the new ride I'm loving it !!

I've been riding for 7 years, bought my first bike when I was 20 back in 2010 ( new harley iron 883 ). I kept that bike for 5 years but when I met my fiancÚ and she started riding with me it just didn't cut it, trading it in on the fat bob and had been less than impressed with it.

Here's a couple pics ... I look forward to learning a lot from everyone, while I'm active on a couple jeep forums this is really my first run at moto forums So please be gentle haha
Wecome aboard. I sold my last cruiser ,a 2014 Yamaha 113 cu in. Raider. Back on a naked sport bike again and will be till I can't ride any more. My girlfriend is more comphy on the back of my FZ10 then she was on the Raider. Drop the rear peg mounts 40mm, get the comphort seat ,the rack and quick disconnect hard bag and mama will love it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170203_162131.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	245.3 KB
ID:	2986  

2017 Gray & lime wheels ,luggage rack, radiator guard,Givi sport shield, 39L top case, swing arm spools,40mm lower rear pegs, Graves EVR exhaust ,K&N race filter, Graves ais ,ECU reflashed,QS,active tune, CF covers, comfort seat, Blaster X brake light, OES sliders,EBC -HH brake pads,so far.

2017 Hyundai Veloster value edition ,gas miser.

2017 Hyundai Veloster Turbo R Spec, lots of mods.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-28-2017, 12:08 PM

Garage
Congratulations! I'm sure the FZ is an eye opener coming off an 883 and that Fatbob. Enjoy and be safe.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-15-2017, 09:50 PM

Hey there .I'm similar in that I had HD product for years and threw a boatload of cash into them and still didn't have what I wanted for performance.Did the math and I'm older than you and your girlfiend combined .Got my black fz10 less than a week ago and you couldn't knock the smile off my face with a 2"x4".My son has a fz07 and that got me hooked.I'll bet we will put half as much peso into these bikes and get twice the bang as the HD.
Anywho,enjoy ...I'll see you around .
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-16-2017, 02:18 PM

Congrats on getting the new FZ. I have to say i'm a bit surprised to see that we have an ex-harley owner on the forum here since most harley guys I know have stuck by harley. Nothing better to transition out of that than this FZ.
SlowGuyTy likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FZ-10 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page