Yamaha FZ-10 Forum banner

racer172's build

16K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  racer172 
#1 ·
First of all here's the air intake, restricted. This guy (circled red) is gone.

Secondly, this air intake is small for noise reasons.

Took a dremel tool to it to open it up

This is all the crap that was removed

DynoJet PCV installed

Graves 3/4 cat-elimm installed

Heading to the dyno tomorrow...will post up #s and maybe video..

See less See more
#5 ·
Dyno'd

ok so she dyno'd at 153hp, this number is probably low because this dyno machine is known for low #'s for some reason. No I didn't do a pre-mod dyno, sorry.

hear is a cell phone video (sorry) just after the pipe was installed:

and here is another (short) cell phone video during the dyno:

the quite muffler plug that came in the pipe was removed.
If anyone wants a better sound recording than my cell phone let me know and I'll get out my mic & camcorder.

#7 ·
yeah pretty much, + the Flashtune and bumping the rev limiter from stock (11,800 I think) to 12,250 now. Also did some throttle mapping and took out some of the harsh engine braking under decel. Oh and the engine check light is on now so we have to take care of that as well.

#14 ·
Very good brother racer172. Loud! Nice, can' get enough dBs to wake up the neighborhood.

IMHO, there's no such thing as "less is more", "a point of diminishing returns" or "bigger ain't better", BS!

As for the enlarged intake, yes my friend, I notice everything up to and including everything. :nerd:

When your done and find some free play time, shoot us some audio dahtah . . .

Aren't we always looking for that preverbal lone hair to split, especially with our beloved '10'.

Good luck man.

#15 ·
Also (just remembered) a suggestion if you're looking for maximum power, don't change the OEM air filter to any aftermarket as you'll lose noticeable power (no K&N).[/QUOTE]

Just noticed this thread and the comment above. I swapped my stock filter for a K&N like I did on my 07 Gixxer. However, I have noticed on the MT10 that it now runs like a dog from 2-5,000 rpm. Do you think it is related? Also, I bought the race filter by mistake.

#16 ·
I swapped my stock filter for a K&N like I did on my 07 Gixxer. However, I have noticed on the MT10 that it now runs like a dog from 2-5,000 rpm. Do you think it is related? Also, I bought the race filter by mistake.

I'm the OP on this thread. You've allowed more air without tuning the bike. Race filter is not practical or needed on this bike. With a race filter you should be cleaning your filter more often and the air box on this bike is kind of a pain to get to. And getting back to the topic of which air filter to use I'll just mention that doesn't make as much difference as opening up the air-intake box like I did (see my pics in post #1). Anyway you should tune your bike if you increase the air flow.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.